Okay let's get into the thick of it and hopefully, these points will help you to understand the benefits of these two opportunities that come with writing excellent content.
- When you get a guest post it's usually on a blog that has more followers than yours, therefore when the post gets published theoretically your name and brand gets out to more people.
- it's not just about getting your name and brand out to the audience, it's also about building a business relationship with other bloggers out there. When you build a relationship you can also build trust and possibly a new friend or business partner along the way which will, in turn, create more opportunities in the future.
- You can learn new tips and tricks about how to structure a post or use widgets or tools you never knew existed before.
- This is an opportunity for you to improve your writing skills. You're not just writing for yourself, but you're writing for other people. You have to impress them!
- I am no master at all with SEO, but I have learned a few things and definitely, guest posting will build backlinks to your blog.
How to get a guest posting gig?
|Here's a screenshot of the guest post|
- You can search on google for other blogs in your niche then read through them to see if any have guest posts. If so, then you contact the blogger and propose to write a guest post for them. (How to write a proposal will be a post of its own.)
- Now here's one that I haven't used before but I've read good things about. It's called MyBlogGuest.com and specializes in connecting bloggers who want to write a guest post with bloggers who are looking for guest posters. I think this one would be worth a try for anyone who is looking to increase their traffic.
- My final tip for guest posting is just to get out there and comment consistently (not just once) on other people's blogs, but make sure to stay within your niche. Engage in meaningful conversations with people about your specific niche. People can tell if you're just making general comments so in order to avoid that make sure to be genuine, that way you can build trust between yourself and the other bloggers out there.